What is a Home owners Association?

A neighborhood home owners association is a nonprofit corporation that is created to preserve and enhance the values and amenities of the community.

Am I automatically a member of the Association?

If you own property in MacAulay you are a member. Owning property automatically as well as legally makes you a member of the Association. In order to be a member in good standing, you must ensure your annual dues are paid to the Association on time.

What is the “Board” and what does it do?

The Board of Directors is comprised of members who volunteer their time to the Association in an advisory capacity.  The Board conducts business according to an established set of rules known as By-Laws. The
Association Board administers, enforces and defends the covenants, restrictions and agreements to preserve the architectural and general appearance of the properties and common area amenities within
MacAulay.  Funding for this purpose is obtained from annual dues paid by the property owners.

What are Covenants?

The MacAulay Homeowners Association Covenants are an agreement between the homeowner and the Association that each will abide by a specific set of standards.  By doing so, the attractiveness and overall
quality of life in the neighborhood is maintained; and the values of our properties can be preserved over time.

Do I have to abide by the Covenants?

Yes. Failure to do so has potential legal implications.

Where do I find the Covenants and Bylaws?

All governing documents can be found on this website under Documents.

What are my obligations to the Association?

Legally, you must pay your annual assessment on time and comply with certain requirements set forth in the Covenants. There are also opportunities to serve the Association as a committee member, as a
committee leader, or as a member of the Board of Directors. Please consider serving.

I want to make a change to the exterior of my home, what must I do?

Any change or additions to the exterior of your home or to the exterior of your property (house, landscaping, fencing, etc.) must be reviewed and approved by the MacAulay Architectural Control Committee. You will find the ACC Guidelines and ACC Request Form on this website under Documents